Sunday, October 18, 2015

Review : City Color Glowing Complexion Illuminating cream


When I first started playing with makeup , I always thought that having a skin that is too matte or too dewy was overrated. The moment i discovered luminous products I started buying every product that has the "L" word on it! However, when it came to illuminating primers I was a little skeptical whether I should  invest in such product, as it seemed like a hit or miss purchase for me!


Obviously, I had to do some research before buying an illuminating primer but people seemed to have various opinions about such products. Thus, It only made sense to buy a primer that is not ridiculously expensive just to test the waters and understand how it works. A month back, I did an online drugstore haul, which I was really in need of as I ran out of many of my makeup essentials. I came across the "City Color Glowing complexion illuminating cream" and immediately thought of giving it a try. 

Packaging:
It comes in a pink glossy tube and when you open the lid it has a pointed tip , which really helps with controlling the amount of product coming out of the tube. The primer has 30ml of product which is a pretty fair amount, its also the standard size for most primers. It is very handy to take with you while travelling as the tube wouldn't leak or break.

Product/Experience:
The product claims to keep your skin moisturized/hydrated while giving your skin a healthy luminous finish. Also, it is supposed to diminish any imperfections with it's light diffusing formula. The first thing I noticed about this primer is the consistency, it is not at all liquidy nor it is very thick, I think creamy would be the right word to describe it. The color is mainly pink with a hint of pearly/silver in it, which turned out to be the only shade for this product as in comes in one universal shade (mentioned on the packaging). Here is the deal, with such products you get really confused whether you should apply it before your foundation or just mix them together, but why not give both ways a try? I used a tad more than a pea size amount of this product on my entire face which means that it will last for a long time (value for money). Honestly, using it before your foundation will give you a mini heart attack because you might look a little like a disco ball! However, after applying your foundation on top your face will look more subtle and decent. I personally prefer mixing it with my foundation just to save time. I have to admit that I like this product, it gives the complexion a natural healthy glow without looking overly shimmery or fake. Also, I like the fact that it doesn't feel heavy on the skin unlike other primers that can suffocates your skin! On the other hand, I don't think that it diffused any skin problems, so you still have to spot conceal any blemishes or imperfections.

Overall opinion:
I think this product is brilliant for anyone who might be looking for an affordable illuminating primer. I did not expect much from this brand as I bought a lipstick from city color long time back and it ended up breaking easily. However, this primer totally exceeded my expectations and I would definitely consider repurchasing it in the future.

Note: Click on the name of the product at the beginning of this post to get more info on the price and where you can buy it from.

No comments:

Post a Comment