Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Brand Review: Charlotte Tilbury


A year ago, I have prepared a beauty wish list with all the products I would love to buy. Unfortunately, that list was totally neglected as in the beauty industry there are always new brands/trends & you never know what you will end up buying! However, the one brand that I really wanted to get my hands on was Charlotte Tilbury & I was over the moon when I received the order on the 31st of December as it was the highlight of my NYE!


I have always been fascinated by the technique that charlotte uses to apply makeup, mainly her finger tips, it is so simple yet the results are always beautiful and glamorous! Honestly, it was not an easy task to choose which products to purchase as I wanted to try almost everything! However, I had to set a budget for how much I want to spend, Otherwise I will end up emptying my credit cards on this brand! Here are my picks:


1- Film Star Bronze & Glow - Light to Medium($68):
I can't even explain the euphoria I was feeling when I ripped the box of this little beauty! The packaging is just like a bar of gold, a little heavy, but it can't get any prettier or more luxurious! The bronzer is just the perfect shade to warm up the face & cool enough that it can be used to sculpt and define at the same time. Also, the formula of the bronzer is reasonably pigmented in the sense that you can build it up, unlike other bronzers that are ridiculously pigmented and look blotchy on the face. The highlighter has a gold undertone so it matches almost all skin tones and I love the fact that it doesn't have chunks of glitter and it goes on very smoothly on the skin. For deeper skin tones, this palette comes in another shade which is "Medium-Dark".



2- Nocturnal Cat Eyes to Hypnotize the Huntress ($39):
Basically, this is a set of two products: 1. Single eye shadow 2. Kohl liner
The eye shadow color is extremely unique and I don't have anything similar in my collection. It is metallic dark brown with golden shimmer in it. The formula is nicely pigmented but I have to admit that it requires sometime to blend & the shimmer can have a little bit of fall out. The kohl liner is almost identical in color, it goes on very smooth so you can layer it under the eye shadow. Also, it stays on for a very long time without fading or smudging.


3- Matte Revolution Lipstick in Sexy Sienna ($32):
I was eyeing the lipsticks for a long time but I was worried about the comfiness of the formula. I chose this light coral/nude color as I didn't have this color in my collection, plus I thought it would be a safer option to play with unlike bold colors. I was really impressed with the formula of this lipstick as it's extremely comfortable to wear. Also, if you pair it with a lip liner it can stay on for a really long time and even when it fades it won't look ugly or crumbly. Now I'm really curious to try the bold shades from the same range!


4- Lip Cheat liner in the shade Pillow Talk ($22):
This is one of the most talked about products in the range, especially the shade "Pillow Talk". It is the "your lips but better" color that just goes with any lip stick. The formula glides on very easily, it makes your lips look fuller and more feminine and it increases the longevity of any lip stick you apply on top. Speaking frankly, I think there are tons of dupes in the market for this color & the quality might be just as good. However, If you don't mind splurging on a lip liner then I totally recommend this one.

 
(Swatch of eye liner & Lip Liner)

Overall opinion:
The brand is just as good as I expected it to be, the products that I recommend buying from the brand are the bronzer, lip stick and kohl liner. On the other hand, The eye shadow and lip liner could have been better as you can definitely find better options  in the market for a cheaper price. However, I really like the brand and I'm curious to try other products from the range.


Note: The whole range can be found on Beautylish.com, they have direct shipping to Dubai for orders over $100!





No comments:

Post a Comment