Saturday, January 9, 2016

Review: Svelta Luxe Coffee & Raw Sugar Body Scrub

When I think of body scrubs I remember all the drugstore ones that didn't contain much of exfoliating beads and they were simply not potent enough to scrub off the dead skin cells. Over a month back, I was contacted by an American brand called "Svelta", which i wasn't really familiar with, they were generous enough to send me a body scrub from their range as well as a fake tanning cream. 

In today's post, I will be reviewing the body scrub only , not the fake tan, as my skin still has a bit of colour since the last time I tanned in October. However, these two products are supposed to compliment each other because you have to exfoliate the skin before fake tanning. So, I shall report back to you on the tanning cream whenever I use it.

Packaging:
It comes in a huge black and golden pot which looks really elegant and it contains 470ml of product. I believe it might be a little difficult to grab while travelling because the pot is heavy/chunky, but you can easily empty some of the product in a smaller pot. 

Product/Experience:
The scrub contains all natural ingredients such as ground roasted coffee, raw sugar, olive oil and cardamom. The first thing I noticed when I opened the pot is definitely the scent, it smelled like a very aromatic cup of arabic coffee with cardamom! To be honest I'm not a big fan of cardamom, but I definitely love the fact that it smells like coffee too. The texture looks extremely chunky/rough which might sound a little intimidating but this is one of the most genuine body scrubs I have ever used. It did feel harsh on the skin at the beginning but after rinsing it off I was blown away by the result! My skin has never felt smoother, it also eliminated some annoying bumps on my arms that wouldn't go away from years! I believe it was very smart move to add olive oil to the scrub because my skin felt extremely nourished after drying and I didn't have to apply body lotion afterwards. I recommend using this body scrub once a week, especially for people with sensitive skin, as I'm not sure if excessive use might irritate the skin. The only down side about this scrub is that it messes my shower big time, the beads tend to rest at the bottom of my shower floor and some major cleaning has to happen after using it! Finally, It is very pricey comparing to other body scrubs but if you don't mind splurging on body products then you should definitely try it out!





Overall opinion:
I was really impressed by this product as my experience with other body scrubs was not very pleasant. I would recommend it for anyone suffering from lots of dead skin cells and rough skin as this product would totally get rid of that. However, I'm not sure I will repurchase it again because of the price but I can easily see myself preparing a similar body product myself as all the ingredients are available at home!

Note: Priced at $48 on the Svelta website.

No comments:

Post a Comment