Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Review: Clarins Anti-aging Skincare


Looking back at my old self, I have never been one of these girls who avoid disclosing their age. I'm still not shy about saying it out loud , but would definitely do anything to hide avoid any ageing signs! Thus, I have decided to invest in good skincare brand to help maintain the youthfulness and freshness of my skin; and that brand is Clarins.


I have tried a couple of products from Clarins before, cleanser and moisturisers, and I have to admit they were brilliant. Here are my picks for this time:

Extra Firming Eye Lift Serum:
Just when I thought that under eye dark circles are my biggest skin concern, I started noticing some fine lines around the same area ; not a very attractive look when you apply concealer! So, reading the word firming on this eye serum made me buy with my eyes closed. The packaging was one of the main reasons why I bought it also, not in terms of the aesthetic side, but because it comes with a pump which is more hygienic than pots. The serum is supposed to fight dark circles, prevent puffiness and improve the firmness of the skin surrounding this area. After trying the product I can definitely say that it made my under eye feel much firmer and less tired. In terms of dark circles, I have some mixed feelings about the result as it didn't reduce them immensely, but they are definitely not as bad! In addition to these benefits, this eye serum gives tons of hydration which encouraged me to use it on my extremely dry eyelids and it did help.

Double Serum Complete Anti-aging Serum:
Despite being an award winning product, the reviews i read online were definitely confusing as some people swear by this serum while others hate it.  Anyhow, I decided to go down that route and give it a try, even though it's quite expensive. Once again, I felt like kissing this product when I opened the box and found that it comes with a pump! It is supposed to reduce the appearance of fine lines, pores and improve the firmness and radiance of the skin. The first thing I noticed about this product is the colour, it came out as a brown oil - which doesn't really other me. I used two pumps of the product for my entire face and it was more than enough. My initial observation after using it was that my skin looked really radiant and the fine lines instantly disappeared. Also, it hydrates the skin like no other and my face always looks better and softer the next morning. On the other hand, I haven't noticed any reduction on the size of my pore size, that missing factor would have been brilliant! Finally, scent wise it is not the best smelling out of all oil type serums but it's not offensive as well.

Overall opinion:
I'm so glad these two products worked quite well for me. They are definitely not on the cheaper side of the spectrum but I can totally see myself repurchasing them in the future. I recommend Clarins beauty products in general as they have a wide range that suits every skin type/concern, and I recommend the anti-aging range specifically as it passed the test with flying colours! 

Note: Priced at £ 48.50 for the serum & £ 34.30 for the eye serum from escentual.com

No comments:

Post a Comment