Monday, May 2, 2016

Review: Filorga Absolute Rejuvinating Day Cream


When it comes to makeup, I have always been skeptical about high end products as There are always dupes that I can use to create the same looks and call it a day! However, its definitely not the same with skincare and growing up I have realized these extra pennies should probably be invested into buying decent and more potent skincare products. That way, you can guarantee the youthfulness and firmness of your skin and wouldn't have to use as much makeup. 


over a month ago, i have attended a media event for a brand called Filorga ; in particular it was for the launch of their Skin- Absolute day cream which is supposed to be a breakthrough in the Anti-aging skincare world. Now the brand was not at all familiar to me, but after a quick presentation at the event as well as some research from my side I have learned the following:
  • Filorga is a luxury French skincare brand which owns labs that were established over 30 years ago providing customized skincare solutions, specifically to combat anti-aging. 
  • They provide non surgical solutions such as line fillers, polyrevitalising injections (NCTF),peeling and photo-stimulation (LED).
  • It was developed by world class scientists and their aim is to make these cutting edge anti aging cosmetics available for public consumers. 

Without any further due, lets start reviewing the product I have received at the event which is the Absolute rejuvenating day dream. 

Packaging: 
It is packed inside a simple yet elegant black and white box. The actual product comes in a square shaped glass pot (50ml) which looks just as chic as the box but it's definitely much bulkier and heavier. (Obviously not travel friendly) However, I wouldn't digest it if the brand packaged the product in a cheap plastic packaging either, considering the price of this cream. 

Product/Experience: 
It is called a "Day" cream so you would expect it to be used during the morning, but on the instruction it's supposed to be used twice a day (Morning & Evening). Also, it does not contain SPF which means you have to pair it with sunscreen if you are going out in the sun. Also, the cream turned out to be rich in texture so i decided to use it only once in the evening, since i hate layering lots of products under my makeup in the morning. It blended into my. skin like a dream, no white residue or scent detected, it filled in any fine lines and instantly gave a pearly healthy glow to my face. Moreover, after it sank properly into the skin I felt like my face was extremely firm and lifted. Its brilliant to use under makeup as an illuminating primer and on dehydrated skin to allow the foundation to glide on easily. At the event, many people were confused whether this product is safe to be used by people under the age of 35. Take me as a good example for that, I have been using it over a month now and haven't faced any problems at all , even though my skin is very sensitive. it's definitely safe to use by younger age groups to prevent the first signs of aging.

Overall opinion: 
I'm beyond impressed by this day cream by Filorga. I totally recommend it for anyone in the hunt for a new anti aging facial cream as I have noticed a significant difference on the texture and look of my skin within a month. My only concern is if people with very oily skin types would like this cream since it's a little rich. It is definitely on the higher end of the spectrum when it comes to price but I can guarantee you that its good skin in a bottle! I'm already thinking of my next repurchase and perhaps trying other products from the range. 

Note: Priced at AED 685 at Bin Sina pharmacies and other well known pharmacies across UAE.


No comments:

Post a Comment