Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Review: First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 Restore Cream

Two weeks ago, I ran out of my night time moisturizer and decided to utilize my glambox points to buy another one. I didn't have any particular brand in mind and this was an issue as I had to scroll down the website for a good two hours in order to an item that won't exceed my points balance. So, I finally decided to settle for the First Aid 5 in 1 restore cream. 

This was not my first time trying this brand as I used one of their other moisturizers and it was top notch. Thus, I was very excited to dive in my brand new pot of the 5 in 1 cream. Just so I can start a thorough of this products, I'll tell you in brief what has happened with me right before writing this blog post. I was happily doing my night time routine when the cream fell on the floor and splashed over my bathroom floor, wall and drawers! I have wiped all the cream off the floor but still I was finding it hard to get out of the bathroom as the tiles were too slippery I almost fell down! However, after reaching my room safely I kind of felt relieved this cream was wasted as I wasn't enjoying this product for the last couple of weeks (You will know why in a minute) and it was the perfect excuse to buy another moisturizer! 

Packaging: 
It comes in a small plastic pot that is very lightweight and easy to carry around. It contains 50 ml of product which is pretty standard and handy for travel. After the above mentioned incident, I have totally changed my mind about pots and I prefer squeeze tubes! 

Experience/Product: 
The product claims to do the following to your skin: 
  • Reduce appearance of wrinkles
  • Improve radiance
  • Correct uneven skin tone
  • Nourish and moisturize 
  • And combat free radicals
The first thing I noticed about this cream was the weird texture ; it was so runny almost like lotion and dark yellow in colour  Ignoring how gross it looked - I have decided to give it a try as I don't like judging a book by it's cover. It was very easy to blend on the face as the consistency was lightweight but the smell was just as awful as the looks! I couldn't handle the overpowering scent of the cream and it really put me off using the product. Miraculously, I managed to used it for another couple of weeks and to summarize my whole experience the cream didn't do anything to my face. Weirdly enough it would all disappear from my face after an hour from application and my skin feels like it hasn't even been moisturized. Also, I decided to use it before makeup since its so light but whenever I used to blend anything on top it would start flaking like no body's business! 

Overall opinion:
I'm really disappointed by this cream as I didn't expect it to perform very poorly. I definitely wouldn't recommend spending your money on this product as it didn't achieve any of it's claims. There are so many drugstore options that are better in quality and more affordable in price.   

Note: Priced at AED 140 on the Glambox store.

No comments:

Post a Comment