Friday, January 13, 2017

Review: Burberry Fragranced Luminising Powder

I have never been a fan of the whole "blinding" highlighter trend, keeping it simple and subtle is right down my alley. Before the holidays we all browse through sparkly things online, whether its clothes, decorations, gifts or even makeup. Honestly, I wasn't intrigued to buy any holiday makeup collections as they tend to be overly expensive and get sold out in a week's time. However, when I spotted the Burberry fragranced luminising powder from the winter collection - I knew it was love at first sight and immediately added it to my cart. 

Quick Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored, the product was bought with my own money and all opinions are my own.

Packaging:
Even though its my first purchase from Burberry, I knew the packaging would be everything! It comes in this reflective gold packaging which has the brand's famous print. The compact contains a mirror from the inside and feels weighted/luxurious which explains the price point of such products. Also, it comes in a velvet pouch that has two compartments: one for the powder and the other contains a square face brush. I have to admit my obsession with the packaging as it looks utterly elegant, especially if you pull it out in public for touching up your makeup. (Yes, we girls like to show off luxurious packaging of stuff!)


Product/Experience:
It's a radiance boosting pressed powder infused with one of the Burberry fragrances. It is a limited edition for the winter/festive season and can be applied on face, neck or body. The shade I have is Gold No.1 , not sure if they have any other colours as it wasn't mentioned anywhere on the website. My first observation was the finely milled texture and the word Burberry engraved on the powder. As the name suggests, the powder is indeed fragranced but does not smell offensive or strong. I used a huge powder brush to dust it over my temples, cheeks and down the centre of my nose. It instantly made my complexion luminous but in a very natural way - it also smoothed my skin as when applying a blusher on top it glided on very easily. That being said, when going close to a mirror tiny bits of shimmer were detected and I mean this in a good way. The luminosity level can be built for a more intense effect, this can be done using smaller highlighting brushes and swept over targeted areas. Longevity-wise, this powder seems to stay on the entire day without fading, but as mentioned before you can easily keep it in your handbag. 

Overall opinion:
My first purchase from burberry makeup was spot on as i'm totally in love with this powder. It can be used during the morning for a light dust of luminosity and built during the night to go with a more intense/dramatic makeup look. The product is definitely on the pricey side but if you're planning to splurge on a highlighter, I highly suggest trying out this luminising powder by Burberry.

Note: Item is sold out almost everywhere as it was a limited edition. Mine was priced at $68 on Net-a-porter website. Might be found online on websites like Amazon/Ebay etc..

No comments:

Post a Comment